Some complaints about Macintosh and Microsoft:
- Takes too long to start up, even though it’s faster than a PC.
- Won’t shut down unless you keep it open for about five seconds after clicking “shut down.”
- Has no delete button. Or rather, the delete button is a backspace button, and in order to delete text to the right, you have to use both hands to press two separate buttons.
- Safari is slow.
- The only main advantages I see are that Macs are mostly not susceptible to viruses and system crashes but that’s like saying, “It’s not terrible,” rather than “It’s great.” The photo program doesn’t seem that great although the movie making program is pretty good.
- Obviously, Windows PC’s have tons of problems and customer service is terrible, but that’s not news.
- Word: I cannot believe that the current version isn’t backwards compatible. It is so inefficient to send attachments that some people can’t read. Of course they do that so more people will buy the newest version, but it’s so useless. If I have to save documents in the earlier version so everyone can read them, what is the point of having the newest version?
- Excel: It is unbelievably user unfriendly. I’m good with numbers, graphs, etc. but there are some things that I just can’t figure out no matter how hard I try. I go through every menu item and it’s not there until I realize you have to right click to get to certain areas. It is just not simple and intuitive.